What Is The Arbor Parent Portal?
This system, which can be accessed via the Arbor website or through the Arbor App, will allow you to do the following things:
- Update your phone number, address and contact information
- Give consent for photo, data, medical and other permissions for your child
- Book Breakfast Club
- Book school clubs and trips
- Book parent consultations when they are available
You see an overview video of how the Arbor Parent Portal works below.
Arbor Overview Video
Logging In For The First Time
To login into the Parent Portal for the first time and view your child’s dashboard, you will need the email that came from your school to welcome you to Arbor. You must log in for the first time on a desktop computer or laptop, using Chrome as your web browser.
Alternatively, use the following link to open the Arbor Sign-in Page
- Click the “First time logging in” option in the bottom left corner.
- Enter your email address. This must be the address the school has on record for you.
- Click “Set Password”
- Remember, you need to set up your Arbor parent account in a normal browser so that you can enter your child’s date of birth when the pop-up window appears.
- Once you have set your password, you need to agree to the terms and conditions to proceed to your dashboard.
Once you have logged in, we recommend that you save the Arbor Log In page to your favourites or bookmarks, so you can access it easily in future.
This email will confirm your username (your email on school record) and a link for you to click on that will take you directly to your schools’ Parent Portal site.
On your first login only, you will need to enter your child’s date of birth to access the dashboard.
Having trouble logging in? Work through these troubleshooting tips with your school: Why can’t parents log in?
Download The App
Whilst you can access Arbor from a browser window on an iPad, iPhone or other mobile device, it works better through the Parent App or via the Parent Portal on a computer.
- Visit the Arbor login page or Download the Arbor Parent Portal App to your mobile phone or tablet either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the password you set when you first registered*.
* if you have forgotten your password, click ‘Forgot your password’ and enter your email address. You will then receive an email with a link to click to reset your password.
Being A Guardian For Multiple Children
If you are the Primary Guardian for more than one child in the school, you can access and view each child through the same portal by clicking on the name at the drop-down menu with the children’s names in the top-left of the home page, then change sibling.
On doing this for the first time, you will need to enter your other child’s date of birth to access their dashboard.
What Will I Use Arbor For?
The Accounts section loads the student’s current Meals balance at the school. Should the amount display a balance in red, the account would be in debt whilst if the amount shows in black, the account would be in credit.
Booking Parents Evenings
The Guardian Consultations section allows guardians to book time for Parents Evening meetings by selecting one of the available time-frames as per the School’s setup.
In the case where no Parents Evening has been arranged, the section will state the below:
If a Consultation event has been created but the self-scheduling has not yet been enabled by the School yet, the dates of the parents evening will be shown with a note of when self-scheduling is available.
When self-scheduling is available, a notice appears within this same section. Once selected, you can choose the preferred time for a meeting with the school.
Booking Club Places
Registering a child for a club using the Parent Portal is a simple process. Please note, if it is your first time logging into the Parent Portal, you will need to confirm the child’s date of birth before being granted access.
From the main Parent Portal page, scroll down to the Activities section and click on the field with the child’s name and Clubs in.
The All Clubs page will list any clubs the child is currently a member of and any clubs that are currently open for them to join. Click on the appropriate club from the Clubs open to (Child’s Name) list to open up that club’s information page.
The club information page will display membership and timetable information. Any existing membership into the club for the pupil will be displayed. To sign your child up for the club simply click on Register For This Club in the top right-hand corner of the page.
From the slide over menu that will appear, choose the membership period that you like to sign the child up for – this may be a set date range, a term or the whole academic year.
Finally, choose which sessions to sign your child up for and confirm registration.
You will then be returned to the club’s information page, where the new membership(s) will now be displayed.
If you need any further details, please contact the School Office.