Key Contacts In School
In any case where an adult is concerned that a child is, or may be, at risk of significant harm they must make a referral directly to Milton Keynes Council Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) see contact details below:
The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Can be contacted on 01908 253169 or out of hours on 01908 265545 email MASH via email@example.com
Local Authority Designated Office (LADO) 01908 254306 email: lado@Milton-keynes.gov.uk
Milton Keynes Council Safeguarding Children – www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/children-young-people-families/children-s-social-care/safeguarding-children
Milton Keynes Safeguarding Children Board (MKSCB) – http://www.mkscb.org/
If a child or other person is at immediate risk of harm, the first response should always be to call the police on 999.
Safeguarding and the welfare of children is the responsibility of all school staff.
We will ensure there are appropriate systems in place for seeking and taking into account the child’s wishes and feelings when making decisions, taking action and deciding what services to provide to protect individual children. In line with the Education Act 2002, we will ensure that arrangements are in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people by:
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop, where they feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Providing children and young people with opportunities to discuss issues and report problems affecting their safety and welfare .
- Safeguarding their welfare, particularly those children and young people who are most disadvantaged.
- Including opportunities in the curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
- Ensuring safe recruitment practices .
- Ensuring robust procedures for recognition and referral where there are welfare or child protection concerns.
- Raising awareness amongst staff of child protection issues and ensuring staff are equipped to deal with concerns and keep children safe.
- Monitoring and supporting children and young people who are in care or subject to child protection plans and contributing to the implementation of their plan.
- Promoting partnership working with parents and professionals.